Rice is the most important grain with regard to human nutrition and caloric intake, providing more than one fifth of the calories consumed worldwide by the human species.
Rice has more varieties and different countries have their own specific types like Jasmine/Homali rice in Thailand, the Basmati rice in India and Pakistan.
Elif deals mainly with White Rice and Parboiled Rice. Elif deals with the following origin of Rice.
- Thailand Origin
- Vietnam Origin
- Pakistan Origin
- India Origin
White Rice Grade A:
Long grain Class 1 not less than 70.0%, the rest shall be Long grain Class 2.
Of all these there may be Long grain Class 3 not exceeding 5.0%
Grain composition, comprising of: Whole kernels not less than 60.0%
Broken having the length as from 5.0 parts onward but not reaching 8.0 parts not exceeding 4.0%
The rest shall be Head rice having the length as from 8.0 parts onward.
Rice and matter that may be present:
- Chalky kernels not exceeding 3.0%
- White glutinous rice not exceeding 1.5%
- Paddy not exceeding 5 grains per 1kg. Of rice
- Milling degree: Extra well milled
White Rice Grade B
- Whole kernels not less than 60.0%
- Broken having the length as from 5.0 parts onward but not reaching 8.0 parts not exceeding 4.5%. Of this there may be broken having the length not reaching 5.0 parts and not passing through sieve No. 7 not exceeding 0.5%, and Small white broken C1 not exceeding 0.1%
- The rest shall be Head rice having the length as from 8.0 parts onward.